We are Rodericks Dental Limited. We are a business that owns and runs dental practices. Our head office address is 15 Basset Court, Loake Close, Grange Park, Northampton, NN4 5EZ.
The address of the practice you visit is: BEAUMONT HOUSE, Unit 15 Barshaw Park, Beaumont Leys, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 1ET. If you have any questions about this document, or the way in which we handle your personal information you can call the Practice Manager on:
Tel: 01162 365 133
Data Protection Officer is: JFH LAW, 7b Bayham Street, London, NW1 0EY
Telephone: 0207 388 1658
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Privacy Notice for Patients
In providing your dental care and treatment, we will ask for information about you and your health. Occasionally, we may receive information from other providers who have been involved in providing your care. This privacy notice describes the type of personal information we hold, why we hold it and what we do with it.
Information that we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, national insurance number, NHS number, address, telephone number and email address
- Information about your dental and general health, including
- Clinical records made by dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment
- X-rays, clinical photographs, digital scans of your mouth and teeth, and study models
- Medical and dental histories
- Treatment plans and consent
- Notes of conversations with you about your care
- Dates of your appointments
- Details of any complaints you have made and how these complaints were dealt with
- Correspondence with other health professionals or institutions
- Details of the fees we have charged, the amounts you have paid and some payment details
In order to provide you with the best possible care, the greater part of the information which we hold about you is kept in our central computer system which holds all of our patient records with other business information. In addition, we hold some of your information in manual records at the practice. We are responsible for keeping secure the information about you that we hold.
At the practice, dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment and the reception staff responsible for the management and administration of the practice have access to your information. Our support centre staff at Rodericks have access to your information as necessary to deal with matters such as complaints.
How we use your information
To provide you with the dental care and treatment that you need, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you.
- We will share your information with the NHS and/or (if applicable) your private dental plan provider in connection with your dental treatment.
- We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your dental care. Our usual methods are telephone, email or letter.
- We may use your contact details to inform you of products and services available at our Practice.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies we work with which may be of interest to you.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, click here, or you can unsubscribe to the emails at any time.
If you have consented to receive marketing you may opt out at a later date.
Your information is normally used only by those working at the practice and/or (as described above, at Rodericks support centre) but there may be instances where we need to share it – for example, with:
- Your doctor
- The hospital or community dental services or other health professionals caring for you
- NHS payment authorities
- The Department for Work and Pensions and its agencies, where you are claiming exemption or remission from NHS charges
- Private dental schemes (if applicable) of which you are a member.
In certain circumstances or if required by law, we may need to disclose your information to a third party not connected with your health care, including HMRC or other law enforcement or government agencies.
Keeping your information safe
We store your personal information securely on our central computer system but we may occasionally hold some of your personal information in a manual filing system on the practice premises. In neither case however can your information be accessed by those who do not work for Rodericks. In particular, only authorised team members have access to your information (on a need-to-know basis). They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow practice procedures to ensure this.
We take precautions to ensure security of the practice and support centre premises, the practice filing systems and our support centre and practice computers.
We use high-quality specialist dental software to record and use your personal information safely and effectively. This computer system has a secure audit trail and the information stored on it is backed up routinely.
We use cloud computing facilities for storing some of your information and we have a rigorous agreement with our provider to ensure that it meets the obligations described in this policy and that it keeps your information is securely kept.
We keep your records for 10 years after the date of your last visit to the Practice or until you reach the age of 25 years, whichever is the longer.
Access to your information and other rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You should submit your request to the practice in writing or by email. We do not usually charge you for copies of your information; if we pass on a charge, we will explain the reasons.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you do not agree
If you do not wish us to use your personal information as described, you should discuss the matter with your dentist. If you object to the way that we collect and use your information, we may not be able to continue to provide your dental care.
If you have any concerns about how we use your information and you do not feel able to discuss it with your dentist or anyone at the practice, you should contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).